I joined the KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (CoE) at the University of Cyprus in May 2017 where I am currently a Research Lecturer contributing to various projects related to monitoring, management, and security of critical infrastructures and cyber-physical systems. Before that, I was leading the geolocation technology research in Huawei Technologies Ireland Research Center working on the design of data-driven positioning solutions for cellular network planning and optimization. In the past few years, I have contributed to attracting funding of around 1M from EU and national research and innovation calls. I am currently involved in two ongoing H2020 projects leading the UCY/KIOS team, namely CUREX that is related to secure and private health data exchange and CARAMEL that is related to AI-based cybersecurity for connected and automated vehicles.
I hold a Diploma in Computer Engineering and Informatics (2003) and an M.Sc. in Integrated Hardware and Software Systems (2005) from the University of Patras, Greece, and a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Cyprus (2014). During my Ph.D. I coached the development of several award-winning indoor localization, tracking, and navigation prototype systems, which have been released under open-source licenses, including Airplace and Anyplace. For my doctoral research work, I received the Alpha Bank Cyprus Award for “Creative Research and Innovation”.
I serve as TPC member of the International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) Ad-hoc and Sensor Networking (AHSN) and Mobile and Wireless Networks (MWN) Symposiums. I regularly review papers for conferences and articles for high impact journals, including IEEE’s TMC, TC, TKDE, JSAC, and TVT. My research interests include mobile and pervasive computing, positioning and tracking technologies, and location-based services.
News and Recent Publications (more)
- New Panda S., Panaousis E., Loukas G., Laoudias C., “Optimizing Investments in Cyber Hygiene for Protecting Healthcare Users“. In: Di Pierro A., Malacaria P., Nagarajan R. (eds) From Lambda Calculus to Cybersecurity Through Program Analysis. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12065. Springer, Cham, 2020, pp. 268-291.
- New C. Laoudias, S. Kim, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti and C. G. Panayiotou, “A Qualitative and Quantitative Evaluation of Differential Signal Strength Fingerprinting Methods,” IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2019, pp. 1-6.
- New M.D. Redzic, C. Laoudias, and I. Kyriakides, “Image and WLAN Bimodal Integration for Indoor User Localization,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 19(5), pp. 1109-1122, 2020.
- New C. Laoudias, A. Moreira, S. Kim, S. Lee, L. Wirola, and C. Fischione, “A survey of enabling technologies for network localization, tracking, and navigation,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol.20(4), pp. 3607-3644, 2018.
- New Honorable Mention Award at the 18th IEEE MDM’17 conference in Daejeon, S. Korea for our work on Indoor Localization Accuracy Estimation from Fingerprint Data!
- I will give the industry keynote talk titled “Cellular Network Localization: Current Challenges and Future Directions” at the IEEE ICC 2017 Workshop on Advances in Network Localization and Navigation (ANLN), Paris, France.
- A. Nikitin, C. Laoudias, G. Chatzimilioudis, P. Karras, and D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, “Indoor Localization Accuracy Estimation from Fingerprint Data,” 18th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2017, pp. 196-205.
- A. Nikitin, C. Laoudias, G. Chatzimilioudis, P. Karras, and D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, “ACCES: Offline Accuracy Estimation for Fingerprint-based Localization (Demo),” 18th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2017, pp. 358-359.